Bionic Penguin Studios
Based in Chiang Mai, Thailand
The Falconers: Moonlight is a supernatural thriller visual novel set in the 19th Century West Coast of New Zealand.
Eighty people, either dead or missing. Rumours of monsters that stalk their human prey in the mist-clad forest. Moonlight is a gold mining town in trouble, and only The Falconers can help. Falconer, Cassandra Winter, is on her first solo mission. Can she save the people of Moonlight from their plight? Or will she disappear into the mist like so many others before her?
The FalconersThe Falconers is an IP that mixes historical fact with supernatural thriller and fantasy fiction. Its stories are based in the 19th Century colonies of the European empires...Britain, Spain, Protugal, France, Sweden, Belgium, Italy, Holland, Germany, and Russia.
The Falconers are an international organisation of 'monster hunters' devoted to protecting European colonists from the entities that would thwart the spread of 'civilisation' into the wild frontiers. These creatures are 'The Cullers'.
And it all starts in New Zealand, the most far-flung frontier of them all.
What is Visual Novel?A Visual Novel is like an interactive novel, where the reader can make choices. It is text-heavy but features images, sounds and music that help you become more immersed in the story.
The Falconers: Moonlight is the first self-funded visual novel project under Bionic Penguin Studios.
The pre-production started in June 2016 and the production began in August.
The preview demo was launched on Itch.io on 30th October 2016.
The Falconers: Moonlight was posted on Steam Greenlight on 3rd November 2016. It has been Greenlit on 24th November 2016.
The full version launched on 18th April 2017, on Steam.
- Gripping Storytelling! - The tale is penned by veteran author Edwin McRae, known for his work as the lead narrative designer on the popular RPG, Path of Exile!
- Unique Western Setting! - Mixes historical fact with supernatural thriller and fantasy fiction. Experience a story set in the remote bush of New Zealand, featuring a dark and gritty art style to complement it!
- Dynamic Camera! - Bring depth and cinematic feels to elevates high tension during animated action scenes!
- Available in English and Thai language at launch.
- Support keyboard, mouse, and gamepad.
Steam Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Visual novel veterans will enjoy The Falconers: Moonlight, as will gamers, of any breed, who seek well-crafted stories."
- Kelsey Erwin, The Overpowered Noobs
- "From start to finish players will find themselves hungry to uncover what’s going on. Cassie and the rest of the crew ensure that there’s never a dull moment in the story."
- Marcus Estrada, Hardcore Gamer
- "The artwork is definitely impeccable, with moving high quality images during action scenes, the game manages to break the idea that “Visual Novels aren’t great for action”"
- Millerberto, Save Or Quit
- "Games have taken us to Japan, America, and places unheard of. Finally, here’s a game that realises that Aotearoa has just as much to offer."
- Matthew Codd, NZGamer.com
- "The story is a strong and powerful one that leaves you wanting more throughout and the characters you meet are all unique in many ways."
- Jake Smith, Creep-Score
- "The story will have you hooked from the start and never lets up."
- , GAMERamble
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Bionic Penguin Studios
Previously known as Bionic Penguin Productions, a film production company based in New Zealand. The company was moved to Thailand and rebrand as Bionic Penguin Studios, working with creative freelancers from around the world to bring stories acroess through the various media.
More information on Bionic Penguin Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Falconers: Moonlight Credits
Producer, Programmer, Additional Sounds